Looks like this blog post is actually a week later. From September 20 until the 26 in ’09 it had been National Singles month. Inside 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Ohio started this observance which falls regarding next full few days of Sep. It had been began to
… recognize that numerous single Us citizens never determine together with the term « single » because they are parents, have lovers or are widowed.
Here are a few recent fascinating insights and research on black singles over 50 in America:
- nowadays there are 95.9 million single folks in the U.S. who’re 18 decades or older. This makes right up 43 percent of all grownups. (from 2008)
- 53 % of those singles are ladies
- 61 percent of the singles not have been hitched prior to. 24 % have already been separated and an additional 15 percent were widowed.
- Seniors (65+) take into account 15.8 million of adult singles which 16 percent having never been married.
- 11.6 million of adult singles tend to be moms and dads living with their children, 9.8 million are females.
For complete reality sheet throughout the Unmarried and solitary Us americans Week, visit the U.S. Census Bureau.